S2K Commerce - Products DropdownActions
Web Content ViewerActions
The Collection of Personal Data And How KB Uses It
The processing, collection and use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis. This lawful basis can be KB’s performance of a contract with you, your freely given consent, compliance with a legal obligation or KB’s legitimate interest.
The personal data KB collects from you.
The personal data KB collects from you when you use KB’s website may include but is not limited to the following categories of personal data:
- For the use of KB’s website: email address, last name, first name, country of residence, date of birth, gender, screen name, password, IP address, credit card number and billing information.
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What do we do with the information we gather?
- to complete transactions concluded on www.kbonlinestore.com;
- to provide you with services you request;
- to manage your account, including processing bills;
- to communicate with you in general;
- to respond to your questions and comments;
- to notify you about special offers that may be of interest to you;
- to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- to customize the advertising offered to you;
- to ensure appropriate customer care
Security of Information
KB is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. For this reason, KB has implemented adequate technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, KB cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties might not maliciously access your personal data.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to KB. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account ID, login password or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited email or telephone communication.
KB has implemented procedures to be able to react in case of unauthorized access, use, alteration, or disclosure of personal data. If you suspect that such an incident has occurred, please get in touch with KB via email@example.com.
If you communicate with KB by email, please note that the secrecy of internet email is uncertain. By sending sensitive or confidential email messages or information which are not encrypted, you are accepting the risk of a possible lack of confidentiality over the internet.
You have the following rights under the Data Protection Act 2020:
- the right to be informed about KB’s collection and use of personal data;
- the right of access to the personal data KB holds about you;
- the right to deletion – i.e. the right to ask KB to delete any personal data we hold about you;
- the right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- the right to object to KB using your personal data for particular purposes;
- the right to revoke a given consent at any time.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at Customer Care, KB Online Store, 74 King Street, Kingston, Jamaica (West Indies) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updating/deleting your information
You may review, correct, update, change or request that KB deletes your personal data at any time. KB will ensure that your personal data is deleted if there are no legal reasons obliging KB to keep your personal data.
Information Automatically Collected
There are times when information can be collected from you automatically. This typically happens via cookies, pixel tags or clear Graphics Interchange Format files, known as GIFs, and occasionally from business partners, contractors, shared databases, and other third parties.
Information Collected Using Cookies
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Information collected using pixel tags or clear GIFs
To help us understand the effectiveness of certain of our communications and marketing efforts, we may use "message format" and "message open" sensing technologies that use pixel tags or clear GIFs (which are also called web beacons). These technologies allow us to know if your e-mail program is able to accept HTML e-mails and, if it is, to: (1) send you e-mails in that format; and (2) determine if you have opened our e-mail messages.
Information collected from outside sources
KB may periodically collect personal information and other information about you from business partners, contractors and other third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, instances in which you affirmatively authorize third parties to provide us with information.
Third Party Websites
Links to other websites
However, if you opt-out of receiving Promotional Communications, you may continue to receive e-mails relating to order confirmations, back order notifications, membership information, and/or other business-related communications. Although the primary purpose of these emails is not to provide you with promotional material, they may contain within them some promotional material.
Information - Sharing and Disclosure
Protecting the privacy and security of your personal information is a priority at KB. KB DOES NOT SELL, DISTRIBUTE OR LEASE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES.
KB shares your personal information with:
- Other entities owned by KB, including subsidiaries of KB.
- Service providers, subcontractors and agents who perform services on our behalf. We provide personal information to third party service providers, subcontractors, and agents that work under contract on our behalf to provide certain services. These third parties do not have the right to use personal information we provide to them in any way that is not authorized by KB. They are contractually obligated to use such information only as necessary to assist us and to maintain the confidentiality and security of such information.
- Third party providers of products and services. These are third parties that provide products and services you may purchase or request from or through us. These third parties do not have the right to use personal information we provide to them in any way that is not authorized by KB or explicitly permitted by you. They are contractually obligated to use such information only as necessary to assist us, or as you have explicitly permitted, and to maintain the confidentiality and security of such information.
- Credit Card Companies. Credit card transactions are handled by third party financial institutions and their vendors and contractors who receive credit card numbers and other personal information from us to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions.
- Law enforcement officials and as required by law. KB may release personal information to third parties when we determine, in our judgment, that it is necessary to (a) comply with the law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request; (b) enforce or apply the terms of any of our policies or user agreements; or (c) protect the rights, property or safety of KB, our employees, our customers, users, or others.
Jurisdiction And Applicable Law